My letter

By Holly - 7/15/2010 09:01:00 PM

I know I said I would be back with my letter yesterday, but the terrible-two-fairy came to our house for a visit. So I'm posting it now.


I don't keep a traditional journal and generally use this blog and my scrapbook pages to document most of the things I want to say. But some things take up more than a 12x12 sheet of paper, so I wrote Zoe a letter and put it in this envelope.
I wrote about how life is with her at age 2. Everything from her curls to her tantrums. I told her about my worries about being a good parent and helping her grow up to be a happy, functioning adult. How I want her to fall in love, but also to guard her heart against boys that clearly are not worth the tears. My desire for us to always be good friends, but also my assurance to her, that if we are not, I will always love her with all my heart, Always and no matter what.
I know at some point in my life, she is not going to like me, and that's ok. But, I'm hoping by writing letters like this, she will find comfort in the fact that when she was 2, I was anticipating that day. Writing letters like this also help me keep life in perspective especially on the hard days. I'm hoping to write something like this every 6 months, maybe more often we'll see.


XOXO,
Holly & Co.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments